3D Level V_2

 Version_2_Ventura_Emanuel

Mechanics implemented in the level.

Initially, the player should already understand the central mechanics of the level. Therefore, I introduced them to a much larger range of puzzles, requiring the player to change the gem to open the entryway. The player is introduced to more chompers and spitters, which are relatively easy to overcome. However, it informs the player that they are not alone in this level and that in this level 2 there are many more monsters than the last version. Then, there is parkour that the player needs to navigate. By utilizing their persistence and knowledge, they can reach their required objective.


What went Right?

During the testing phase, the playtesters immediately highlighted the importance of introducing the player to the basics, also known as a tutorial, before moving on to more complex tasks such as navigating through obstacles to unlock doors and complete the level. But with this new version of the game, even though it wasn't finished they understood that it showed the player a bit more of a challenge to watch out where they step.


What went Wrong? 

After receiving feedback from a playtester, I realized that the level I designed lacked the degree of difficulty that players expect from a game. As per the playtester's suggestion, I plan to include more obstacles and puzzles to make the level more challenging and engaging for players. I understand that the level felt like it was the last area of the game, which is why I intend to put more elements to it. I took the feedback constructively and will work to ensure that the level is more polished and complete.




Improvements

In the future, I will ensure that I complete each level of the game so that players can access the full version and provide their feedback. This will allow me to experience the game from the perspective of someone who is playing it for the first time. Additionally, it will help me stay organized with my progress and workload when creating new levels.
Regarding the circulation of the current level, the addition of stairs in the first area that leads to the exit door was well-received by play testers. Although it was not originally intended for the level's flow, it was a good indicator that the circulation now works better. I am glad that the level still ended up being completed much faster. 

This playtest highlighted several areas where I can improve at the next level. Specifically, I want to focus on platforming, enemy combat, and tricky circulation as it will be a later game level. With experience in dealing with GameKit errors, I hope to have more significant time for creation. I am excited to start something new.

Challenges in the Level

When the player enters the level, they will face challenges such as unlocking doors, avoiding acidic pools, and defeating monsters as they progress through. The level is designed with the concept of parkour in mind, which means that the player must overcome obstacles in order to activate crystals and unlock doors. They must also be careful not to fall into the acid or fail to get over these obstacles.


Comments

Popular Posts